Monday, August 10, 2009

A Very Happy Whiteflash Customer

 

“I would like to thank the Whiteflash team for their superb customer service and product.  Special mentions are Bob Hoskins who patiently listens to my needs (especially my concern about getting sparkling pear sides) and James Ramey who went out of his way to make it possible for me to get the three-stone ring within my budget.  Let’s not forget Joseph Druhot for his crafty CAD design, Shandel Hardin for making my order/payment seamlessly simple, Trent Veazey for creative photography, Vera Wages for timely update of progress through shipment, and especially the superb workmanship of the production team (just look at the fine details of my setting, need I say more).

I must say it is amazing that my custom design ring got done in such a short time.  It took less than 5 weeks from my wire transfer in late afternoon on June 25 to expect a delivery of the completed ring on July 28.  This tight schedule also included a last-minute change of setting design (from Harmony to 3-stone with pear sides) and a mid-way upgrade of pear sides.  Simply amazing!"

Posted via email from Whiteflash Diamonds posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home