Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Family Filled Engagement with Whiteflash

 

Dear Whiteflash Sales Team,

I took my now fiancĂ© to the Old Westbury Gardens.  It's this giant piece of land that was owned by a very wealthy family a long time ago.  The town owns it now and it has been converted to a sort of park.  There's a mansion, a few ponds, perennial garden, rose garden, and acres upon acres of land to explore.

I took her out to the Temple of Love which is on the lake and proposed with a diamond engagement ring.  That was the first surprise.  As we were walking back her parents, my parents, my brother, and her brother who I asked to fly in from London were all waiting for her.  That was the second surprise.  Then as we walked a little further my grandmother and her grandparents (whom I asked to drive down from upstate) were all sitting on a bench waiting for us.  That was the third surprise.  She is very close with her family so it meant a lot to her.

No date set yet but we do have one in mind.  We met on 8/9/06 so we were thinking about getting married on 8/9/10.  Unfortunately, that falls on a Monday but we're thinking of doing a destination wedding so it doesn't really matter.

Jay

 

Posted via email from Whiteflash Diamonds posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home